Guitar Pedal BOSS OC-5 Octave
Old meets new in the most versatile Boss octave guitar pedal yet.
The Boss OC-5 pedal is the new flagship octave pedal and sets a new benchmark. Building upon everything good about the previous models, the OC-5 incorporates innovative upgrades to deliver the new industry-standard in octave effects.
These include a new dedicated octave-up control, Guitar / Bass selector switch, and variable range control to choose which notes get harmonised.
The biggest upgrade, however, is the elimination of latency, so you don't need to worry about any delay between you playing the note and the octave sounding. Boss have upped the game with the OC-5, and created the most definitive octave harmoniser yet.
OC-2's big brother
Upgrading a classic. When Boss released the OC-2 in 1984, they changed the guitar pedal landscape with a distinctive octave guitar effect that earned its legacy as a cult classic.
Now, with the Boss OC-5, they have changed the game once again. With 'Vintage' mode selected, the OC-5 perfectly recreates all the quirks of the original OC-2, just with a few revolutionary upgrades. No latency is the biggest of these - now you get instant octave response helping your playing be even tighter.
Separate controls for 1 and 2 octaves also makes tweaking your sound much easier, and you'll likely find yourself spending hours dialling in different variations of octave goodness.
A true classic reimagined for the modern age.
Boss' box of polyphonic tricks
Among the many updates in the OC-5 is Boss' new tracking engine for improved response.
When the 'poly' mode is selected, these improvements become truly noticeable and you'll see instant synchronisation between the octave effects and your playing. This improved response is complemented by a clever new feature which is the Guitar / Bass switch, located on the top of the unit. This allows for simple optimisation of your sound based on instrument and again adds a level of intuitiveness simply not found on other octave pedals.
The variable range control is what really separates the OC-5 apart from the pack. Giving you total control over which parts of your sound get harmonised certifies the OC-5 as the most versatile octaver currently available.
If you want full chords embellished with 3 octave harmony, leave the setting at max.
However, if you only want the bass note affected simply set the range to 'lowest' and only the lowest note of each chord will have the octave applied.
This gives you unparalleled control over harmony and gives the OC-5 its remarkable versatility.
BOSS OC-5 Pedal Features:
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
Boss Octave Pedal Specifications:
- Pedal switch
- Guitar/Bass switch
- Vintage/Poly switch
- Direct Level knob
- +1OCT knob
- -1OCT knob
- -2OCT/Range knob
- Indicator: Check indicator (serves also as battery check indicator)
- Power supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61 or 6LF22) or AC adapter (PSA Series: sold separately)
- Current draw: 55mA
- Expected battery life: Under continuous use (alkaline): approx. 7 hours
- Nominal input level: -20dBu
- Input impedance: 1m Ohm
- Nominal output level: -20dBu
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 10k Ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Dimensions: 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H) mm
- Weight (including battery): 440g
- Owners Manual
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)