Pedal Waza Craft Dimension Chorus Boss DC-2W
It's back. It only took 30 years but it's here.
The Waza Craft BOSS DC-2W Dimension C is an all analogue, recreation of the elusive BOSS DC-2 pedal.
The DC-2 was only manufactured during four short years and delivered a one of a kind chorus effect. You'll be able to affirm its towering reputation as soon as you hear it.
The organic width and depth gives you an instantly luscious sound. Waza Craft didn't stop there though. In the same pedal you also get the SDD-320 Dimension D. The chorus/stereo widener rack effect that almost every engineer wishes they had.
All you have to do is flick a switch to pick between the two.
A Waza Craft Recreation
All analogue circuitry. Crafted in Japan by BOSS's Waza division. The BOSS DC-2W chorus pedal gives you the choice of two independent circuits.
Originally debuting in the SDD-320 Dimension D as a rack effect, it became the producer’s secret weapon. Capable of acting like a chorus effect or as a stereo widener when dialled backed, it just made everything sound ‘better’.
The DC-2 was the pedal built to put that effect in a compact footprint.
The Dimension Effect
Expanding the width and depth of your sound. The Dimension effect is controlled by four buttons. Its simplicity is a blessing. Moving from one up to four, you increase the size of the Dimension effect.
However, just because there’s only four buttons. Does not mean you just get four sounds. In both DC-2 and DD-320 modes, you can press two buttons at the same time to get those ‘in-between’ sounds. Giving you a total of 20 different variations. You can even use it in both mono and stereo.
Two Subtle Effects in One Compact Pedal
The Dimension circuitry was and is quite sophisticated. In the Waza Craft DC-2W, it is faithfully recreated. You get the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal sound, which is a pretty big deal. You can also switch to the historically rack-mounted Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, which is also a pretty big deal.
Why? Because these effects are present numerous hit songs. It is often referred to as a chorus effect but the Dimension effect is actually a 3D spatial processor. Although it does sound very much like a chorus effect…
As with all Waza Craft upgrades, you get super low noise and buffered bypass. So it doesn’t get in the way, in anyway, when you’re not using it.
BOSS DC-2W Pedal Effect Features:
- Choose from the DC-2 Dimension and SDD-320 Dimensions effects
- An all analogue recreation built using the original circuit drawings
- Made in Japan and comes with a five year warranty
- The return of one of music tech’s greatest stories
Waza Craft Dimension Chorus Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level: 20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 2.2 M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1 K ohm
- Nominal Output Level: 20 dBu
- Recommended Load Impedances: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Premium buffered bypass for dependable tone
- Controls: DC-2 / SDD-320 selector switch, 1 - 4 mode selectors
- Input jack (mono): 1/4-inch phone type
- Input jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Output Jack (mono): 1/4-inch phone type
- Output Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Power Supply: Alkaline 9 V, 6LR61 batter (Approx. 6 hour life) or AC power adaptor (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 73mm (W) x 129mm (D) x 59mm (H)
- Weight: 450g / 1lbs