Acoustic Preamp Guitar Pedal BOSS AD-2
The Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp Guitar Pedal is an advanced sound processor for performing live with electro-acoustic guitars. Equipped with powerful Boss technology, the AD-2 Preamp features an acoustic resonance effect that recreates the tone of an unplugged acoustic guitar.
In addition, this powerful pedal also includes features such as a notch filter to eliminate feedback, and a balanced DI. With two independent outputs, the AD-2 offers flexibility and allows the user to connect to an amp and a PA mixer. As well as providing the perfect tone, the AD-2 also comes in a familiar housing that will sit well on any pedalboard.
AD-2 innovative system
Every guitarist knows how difficult it can be to capture the true sound of an unplugged acoustic guitar, by simply relying on the standard undersaddle piezo pickups.
Boss have now designed a compact solution to this common problem, and have created an acoustic resonance effect, that recreates the complex tonal characteristics of an unplugged acoustic giving you a natural tone that sits well in any mix. This innovative system works by analysing the input signal in real time and uses advantaged processing to recreate the guitar's true tone.
Acoustic Resonance Control
Achieving the perfect sound is easy with the BOSS AD-2 as by simply twisting the one-knob control, the unit adjusts multiple parameters at once, allowing players to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style.
When using ambience effect, players can dial in a high-quality reverb optimised for any acoustic guitar performance.
Unlike other reverb pedals, the AD-2 is capable of producing a deep ambience that perfectly complements the instrument’s voice. By turning this dial, players can achieve a wide range of superb reverb sounds.
Additional Pedal Features
In addition to providing you with a true acoustic tone, the AD-2 pedal features two independent outputs for performance flexibility.
The easily located output jack is ideal for connecting to an acoustic guitar amp or stage monitor, as well as the Line Out connection for sending a balanced signal direct to a PA mixer. If that's not enough, the versatile unit also offers low-frequency feedback reduction with an easy-to-use notch filter, and the ability to use the footswitch to mute the sound for switching guitars and tuning on stage.
Like with many pedals from Boss, the BOSS AD-2 offers a familiar compact chassis, along with a durable footswitch for easy access. Its compact structure makes it the perfect addition to any pedalboard.
BOSS AD-2 Pedal Features:
- Electro-acoustic guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing
- Professional processing technology with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic
- Ambiance knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar
- Housed in the familiar compact pedal chassis that sits well on any pedalboard
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction for the ultimate clean sound
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection
- Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage
- Includes Boss five-year warranty
Acoustic Preamp Guitar Pedal Specifications:
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 10 M ohms
Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT jack: -20 dBu
- LINE OUT jack: -20 dBu
- OUTPUT jack: 1 k ohm
- LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT jack: 10 k ohms or greater
- LINE OUT jack: 600 ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- ACOUSTIC RESONANCE knob
- AMBIENCE knob
- NOTCH knob
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)
AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw: 55 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours - * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
Option (sold separately): AC adaptor (PSA series)
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm
- Depth: 129 mm
- Height: 59 mm
- Weight (including battery): 450 g