Drumsticks VIC FIRTH 2BN American Classic 2B Teardrop Tip
The Vic Firth American Classic 2BN Hickory Drumsticks are the go-to choice for heavy hitters.
These thicker, longer sticks provide a fatter sound, with more reach and power. You can play big rock grooves easily, without having to force it. And, made by Vic Firth – you know you’re getting your money’s worth.
Why go for the Vic Firth 2B? They are made from a special hickory that is ideal for drumsticks.
They are durable, reliable. You can use them for months because they undergo a rigorous manufacturing process that goes above and beyond expectations. The ones that don't make it are used to heat the kiln.
The rocker’s favourite Drumsticks
The Vic Firth American Classic 2B Hickory drumsticks are the preferred choice for a heavy drummer. That’s because they provide just the right feel and the ideal amount of power for heavy rock.
They are thicker and longer than an average stick for greater punchiness and reach. If you find 5A/5B sizes too light - these could be the sticks you are looking for.
Backed up by science
You know that drumsticks are more than just pieces of wood for hitting drums.
There’s a lot of science to it. Working on a regular basis with the wood science department at the University of Maine, and several other scientific organisations, Vic Firth put the quality of your drumsticks at the forefront of their operation.
It starts with the ideal hickory
There are 14 kinds of hickory and only 4 are ideal for drumsticks. Vic Firth uses the best of those 4 to make the American Classic Hickory drumsticks.
Then the vital first 6 steps of the manufacturing process
Most drumstick companies pick up the manufacturing process after these steps. Vic Firth understand the importance of getting these stages right.
- Vic Firth purchases green squares of wood. This is fresh wood that hasn’t yet been dried. This allows Vic Firth to dry the wood themselves to achieve the desired result.
- The wood is cut to size. All wood is cut to meet strict standards of consistency.
- Dried in a kiln. This is a heat and humidity controlled room that allows Vic Firth to reduce moisture in the wood to the ideal level for drumsticks. In turn, this prevents sticks from warping.
- Cut down into squares. They are refined until perfectly uniform.
- The squares are then reduced gradually to dowels. Quality assured: They are weighed and measured using a laser to obtain consistent weight and profile.
- The dowels are then slowly reduced using a high-speed sanding process. For the first time, this is when the wood starts to resemble drumsticks!
…And much more
There are many more steps in producing the perfect pair of drumsticks, but these are the key steps that set Vic Firth apart as a leading drumstick manufacturer.
After 10 more steps of careful honing, refining, and then finishing, you finally have your much-endeared Vic Firth American Classic 2B Hickory drumsticks.
No one else invests that much time and energy in creating the perfect pair of sticks.
Vic Firth American Classic 2B Drum sticks Specifications:
- Size: 2B
- Diameter: 0.630’’
- Length: 16 1⁄4’’
- Material: Hickory
- Tip Material: Nylon
- Tip Shape: Teardrop
- Taper: Medium
- Finish: Natural