Electric Guitar Amplifier BOSS Katana 50 MKII
BOSS Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level.Packed with more versatility, more innovative features, and much more control for players to shape their sound - the MKII uncovers an entire universe of guitar tone, all in one convenient combo.
Featuring five different amp characters for a variety of genres, players can cycle through a range of different tones from twinkling cleans, to all-out distortion, and everything in between. It's built from Boss's neat Tube Logic technology, offering authentic tube sound and feel. And, with the inclusion of a power switch, you can crank your tube sound without bringing the house down. Decorate your sound with five preset effects, including boost, reverb, and delay, and customise them with over 60 effect types in Boss's Tone Studio. Because the MKII isn't just built to perform. It's built to inspire.
Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
Sensational tube tone
Authentic tube feel, every time you plug in. The Boss Katana MKII ensures every player can experience the coveted sound of a genuine tube amplifier in a design that's built for the modern stage. Using Boss's Tube Logic approach, the Katana MKII becomes richer and more responsive as you crank up the volume. And, thanks to an incorporated power control, finding that tube tone sweet spot is simpler than ever. Just dial back the wattage and maintain high volume to unleash inspiring crunch tones in any environment, without bringing the house down.
No one should have to compromise on their tone. And the Boss Katana MKII ensures you have the freedom to push your amp to its full potential, wherever you are.
As guitarists, we are constantly exploring the expansive world of amp tone. Which is exactly why Boss have loaded the Katana MKII with five different amp characters for you to indulge in. The Clean setting gives you all the crisp, natural clarity you crave, while the Crunch option provides those gritty, blues-rock tones that defined an era.
The next step is Lead. Soaring melodies and scorching distorted tones for solos of any genre - and we mean any genre. For the gain-lovers; Brown. From chugging to shredding, the Brown setting is born for all things metal. And finally, an Acoustic mode for that soothing, resonant voice that'll make your electro-acoustic sparkle with character. Truthfully, there really isn't anything the MKII can't do.
And we're still not done. In this second incarnation of the Katana, Boss have added two variants for each amp character. So players now have 10 amp tones to experiment with, unearthing even more sonic possibilities for your sound. And, with 4 integrated memory slots, you can save your sculpted tones and access them whenever you need to with the touch of a button. It's this extensive versatility that makes the Katana MKII Boss's most functional amp to date, and why players now have the power to truly explore their creativity to its fullest.
Let your creativity flourish
Decorate your tone. The Boss Katana MKII comes equipped with five simultaneous effects categories for you to sculpt, shape, and innovate your sound. But these effects aren't just your standard, factory presets – they're fully customisable, putting the tone-shaping power of an entire pedalboard right inside your amplifier. Boosts, delay, reverb, and so much more; the MKII features three variations of each effect, gifting you with 15 ways to colour your sound right out of the box.
But this is merely the tip of the iceberg. Because the Boss Tone Studio lets you dive deeper. Much deeper. Home to over 60 (yes, 60) different effect types, there really is no end to your creative potential. Change the order of your virtual pedal chain, and discover the capabilities of your favourite boss effects. You can even alter your mic'd cab emulation setting to find the precise tone you require. Because Boss know the best way to enhance creativity, and remove all restrictions for the player.
The Katana Series
The Katana Series of amps from Roland's Boss division embodies their pursuit of finding the ultimate rock sound, calling upon years of research and design to deliver redefined rock tones. Built using traditional craftsmanship with new and innovative designs, the Katana amps offer class-defying tones with an excellent touch response and presence. Taking inspiration from the Japanese sword of the same name, the amps provide a smooth, cutting tone perfect for gigging musicians, as well as for use in recording and practicing.
Katana 50 MKII Features:
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Boss Katana 50 MKII Specifications:
- Power Output: 50 W
- Nominal Input Level:
- Input: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- Aux In: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker: 1x 30 cm (12 inches)
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Main Controls: Power, Master, Power Control Switch (Standby, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W)
- Amp Type Switch: Acoustic, Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown
- Controls: Gain, Volume, Variation Button
- Equalizer: Bass, Middle, Treble
- Multi Effect: Booster, Mod, Delay, FX, Reverb, Tap
- Tone Setting: CH1 and CH2 button, Panel Button
- Input Jack: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Power Amp In Jack: 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Aux in Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- Rec Out/Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type
- Exp Pedal/Ctl Ch1/Ch2 Jack: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type
- USB Port: USB B Type
- AC in Jack
- Width: 18-9/16” (470mm)
- Depth: 9-3/8” (238mm)
- Height: 15-11/16” (398mm)
- Weight: 11.6kg